Nahargarh fort jaipur

The ancient Nahargarh Fort was constructed by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, founder of Jaipur in the year 1734. He built this fort on the majestic Aravalli hills mainly as a retreat destination. The majestic Nahargarh Fort is hooked up to the famous Jaigarh Fort from end to end of its ramparts. According to legends, the edifice of Nahargarh fort was thwarted by the spirit of a Rathore prince named Nahar Singh Bhomia.
Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh discovered that the property in which he tried to raise the fort once belonged to a former Rathore prince named Nahar Singh and his spirit hated the unexpected commotion in his holy dwelling. Nevertheless, the spirit Nahar Singh Bhomia was satisfied when Jai Singh built a small fortress (at Purana Ghat) inside the fort and devoted that fort to the dead Rathore Prince.
Later, a small temple was also built in that place. In 1868, King Sawai Ram Singh refurbished Nahargarh fort. Later, in 1880, Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh rehabilitated Nahargarh fort into a torrential rain run away. He ordered Raj Imarat (person who was in charge for stately building projects) to plan an enjoyment fortress within the fort. This amusement place named as Madhavendra Bhawan. Vidyadhar Bhattacharya, the architect of Jaipur, constructed Madhavendra Bhawan with fine-looking interiors, wall paintings and stucco patterns.